Donate your time to help make this year’s festival a success!
You can help us pull off this event without becoming a sponsor! Fill out the form below or contact Paul Cole at BICC to volunteer your time to the Emerald Isle Irish Feile.
The success of Emerald Isle Irish Féile depends on our many dedicated volunteers. We always welcome new volunteers who are hard-working, flexible and know how to have fun! All Emerald Isle Irish Féile volunteers will receive tokens of appreciation for the time they volunteer, according to the amount of time they contribute.
- Those volunteering 2-5 hours will receive a Féile tee shirt.
- Those with 6-9 hours of volunteering will receive a Féile tee shirt and a one-day pass for the Féile.
- Volunteers who commit to 10+ hours will receive a tee shirt and a 2-day pass for the Féile.
All volunteers must use the volunteer form on our website found here to sign up as volunteers, whether they have previously signed up through Facebook, email, etc., please register and select the areas where you would like to assist. You can click on the area or areas you wish to help with and then in the ‘additional comments’ field, you can enter the times you are available and what specifically you want to help with.
Here’s a guide to help you decide which opportunities you wish to sign up for.
Hospitality: Volunteers in this category can enjoy meeting others while working in the Tea Room (festival run food vendor located in the kitchen of Holy Cross Hall) assisting customers, filling orders, restocking items, accepting payment. If you want to volunteer your cooking abilities, this is your opportunity to help prepare the soup and stew for the Tea Room.
- 5-6 People on Thursday September 7th from 8:00-11:00AM at Holy Cross Hall to assist in making soup and stew, all ingredients and recipes provided.
- 3-4 People on Friday September 8th to work 3–5-hour shifts in the Tea Room which is open from 1:00PM to 5:00PM. Let us know if you can work at least a 3-hour shift. Shifts begin @ 12:30 and end at 5:30
- 3-4 People on Saturday September 9th to work 3–5-hour shifts in the Tea Room which is open from Noon to 4:00PM. Let us know if you can work at least a 3-hour shift. Shifts begin @ 11:30 and end at 4:30
Host Family: Host families are essential as they provide housing and sometimes transportation to our many visiting artists/musicians. These are already set for 2023, but we would like to have those who are volunteering for this to enter their names into our system.
Merchandise Sales: There is a great new design for our Féile merchandise this year – recognizing our amazing link to Arranmore Island. We have the salesclerks we need for this, but are looking for:
- 2-3 People on Wednesday September 6th from 6:00-8:00PM to help set up the Merchandise display at the Community Center
Registration: Able-bodied, assertive volunteers are needed to work the festival registration table which will be set up in a pop-up tent outside the Community Center. Volunteers will be verifying customer’s online purchase and stamping hands for entry to the festival events.
- 3 – 4 People on Friday September 8th from 11:30-2:30
- 3 – 4 People on Friday September 8th from 2:00-5:00
- 3 – 4 People on Friday September 8th from 4:30-8:00
Set Up / Tear Down: Set up takes place the Wednesday before the Féile begins; Wednesday, September 6, 2023. We need able-bodied volunteers who are willing to help set up and tear down.
- 5-6 people on Wednesday September 6th from 6:00-8:00PM at the Hall
- 3-4 People on Saturday, September 9th from 2:00-3:00 at Holy Cross Cemetery
- 5-6 People on Sunday, September 10th from Noon – 2:00 at the Hall
Miscellaneous: This is the box to check if you aren’t sure what you want to do and just want us to assign you where needed. Also, if a committee member asks you to help on something specific that isn’t spelled out above, they will ask you to register under this category.